Thursday, February 17, 2011

HTC Inspire vs HTC Thunderbolt vs Motorola Atrix vs Motorola Droid Bionic

Thank you wirefly.com for the data. Turns out my employer has an immediate & good use for my Dell Streak and now that I've decided the negatives outweigh the advantages of this device, and with the Atrix landing next Tuesday, the timing is perfect to move to a new phone.  Turns out HTC and Motorola have equivalent phones on both networks - so choose your network and choose your vendor.  See comparison chart.  But watch out for the Inspire, it has a tiny 1200 mAh battery and NO front-facing camera which make it a true outlier among 4G smartphones.  WTF?  The other thing I'm reading is that ATT's HSPA+ network is definitely not performing up to standard - 1-2Mbps downlink, 100-200kbps uplink.  WTF?????  I can only assume this will improve over time.

Right now Samsung is dead to me after the GPS issues on the Galaxy S phones - I'm gunshy around Samsung now.  GPS is too critical for me.  And LG is just a Samsung wanna-be, I don't think their quality is any good.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment