Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Galaxy Tab vs Dell Streak

The GTab was a beautiful machine, refined and graceful.  I  loved it even more after switching to the Dell Streak. The Streak was laggy especially when too many programs were running. The stock Dell keyboard was terrible - 80 pct of my words were misspelled even with autocorrect on. Plus I could basically out-type the input  buffer. That never happened on the GTab. Swiftkey made it somewhat better but not great. The battery lasted maybe 6 hours - which for something that advertised itself as a phone was completely unforgiveable.

And, it didn't fit in my pocket. And I looked ridiculous holding a paperback book up to my ear.

It was the little things I loved about the GTab.  I had occasion to use the Tab after having the Streak for a few weeks and it was like moving from a Honda Civic to a Lexus. You know the pleasure of a smoothly shifting, powerful engine? The level of haptics feedback was adjustable (i just wanted a tiny buzz). The screen was beautiful and responsive. The keypad just worked. Some lag but not too much. It was truly the sum of all the parts. If you are thinking of buying a GTab you will not be disappointed.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment