Saturday, February 05, 2011

Dell Streak 5 Field Test - day 1

Felt like I was carrying a small paperback book in my hand all day (since it was too big to put in my pocket and I refuse to use a holster). Otterbox provided a nice secure grip, tho.

Backlight very weak in direct sun. Has to be almost 100% to overcome daylight. Forces you to compose camera shots almost blind.

Camera Shutter sound is annoyingly loud. I startled several passers-by with it.

Slow responsiveness. The 3 menu buttons dont always respond to presses. The phone takes a long time to return to home, rotate the screen, launch an app, etc. Much more noticeable in the field than at home. (I was also surprised at Streaks low performance benchmarks.)

The photos are pretty amazing (for a phone). High enough resolution (5 MP) to make me discard my point and shoot camera. Not sure whether its truly equivalent to a 5MP digicam, but good enough to not make wish i'd used my digicam instead.

Battery died completely after only 6 hours. The 10 minute backlight timeout didnt help, nor did the screen brightness widget that has too high of a Low setting (40%).
.

No comments:

Post a Comment