Sunday, July 10, 2011

Is Google's Hangouts its Killer App?

 Is Google's Hangouts Its Killer App? - NYTimes.com

"Shortly before bed, I lingered online, checking my various social networking sites when I noticed several friends were in a video chat session on Google+. I put on some pants and clicked my way into the room with six other people….and didn't leave until nearly 3 in the morning. We spent several hours cracking jokes, making fun of each other's snacks and welcoming other friends who noticed our group online and dropped in to say hello. At one point, we found YouTube videos with lyrics and turned the chat into an impromptu karaoke room. A few of our other friends dropped into say hello before making their way offline and heading to bed. One friend, Lindsey, said she's been hanging out with different groups of friends since 10PM and later told me she didn't sign off until close to 5 in the morning."

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad

No comments:

Post a Comment