Friday, March 11, 2011

i need a new phone.

it's driving me crazy not to be able to send work emails from my phone.  i really have come to depend on that.  i often (want to) send emails first thing in the morning when i get up and see what's transpired overnight on email.  or, if i've gotten some late emails and want to respond to them right then and there.  or when i think of something i want to ask someone and i want to send it right then and there.  i can't do any of that unless i'm willing to put PIN protect on my phone.  i don't want to do that.  entering a 4 digit pin every time i want to use my phone...i am in and out of my phone constantly, dozens of times a day.  every time i want to take a picture, or check facebook, or send  a text, i have to enter a 4 digit pin.  or if my screen times out, i have to enter that 4 digit pin again.   my workplace requires it in order to get outlook emails on my device.  i had the 4 digit PIN on the dell streak and i HATED IT!!!! and swore i would never do that again.

one of my buddies at work has the atrix and he states that he was able to use the fingerprint sensor as the security control, meaning, no 4 digit PIN.  but when i go to the internets to get an update on the state of the atrix i find a long list of problems:
- purple camera
- random reboots
- overheating
- bad mic during calls and skyping

i'd just like to say that I WAS RIGHT, the new atrix hardware has a whole bunch of wierd issues. don't want to deal with that.  also don't want to reinstall Launcher Pro and recustomize another phone...it takes me a solid day or two to reinstall all my apps, fix the settings, configure LauncherPro, tweak settings, research problems, etc.  all the while ignoring my family.  i've done that 3 times in the last 3 months (samsung gtab, dell streak, htc inspire) and i am sooooo sick of it.  after 3 weeks, i just finally got my PowerAmp playlists set up again on the Inspire.

so for now i will stay with the inspire. i still have the best buy return program (which i got for free) so if i want a new phone later, i'd be able to get between 100-200 credit on the inspire.  and used inspires are going for $350 on ebay right now, which will drop, but that's another avenue.

disappointed again in technology...it's always a choice between the lesser of two evils...

but it could be a lot worse, i could be living in japan right now...what an awful situation.


1 comment:

  1. update: dad fixed the email problem for now. the imap proxy will still be disabled soon.

    ReplyDelete