Sunday, March 22, 2009

to start at the beginning

i have been frustrated for a while in my search for an appropriate forum to discuss technology and business topics. my daughter's blog, and facebook, seem like the wrong places to post content - it's either not relevant, or waaay too serious. and twitter isn't high enough bandwidth. so as an outlet to my serious side, here is where i can collect all my thoughts.

i work in high tech, at a company you have definitely heard of, coming up on 20 years in the biz. like everyone else, i am really not sure what is going to happen to the u.s. economy, or this company, or any other company, over the next few years. it is hunker down time.

it is fascinating to me to watch how business responds to today's challenges. after all, businesses are not impersonal "entities" but are made up of people, and people have blindsides, delusions, and imperfections; but also hopes, ambitions, and usually the best of intentions.

for now, comments are on but moderated. so if anyone in the universe can find me (besides spammers), post away!

No comments:

Post a Comment