Thursday, January 28, 2016

Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6 Edge+ Specs And Features: AT&T And Verizon Models Won’t Boot Up After Rooting [EXCLUSIVE]

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/samsung-galaxy-note-5-galaxy-s6-edge-specs-and-features-att-and-verizon-models-wont-468357

"Samsung Knox is heavily ingrained within the Android framework and the kernel of Samsung's devices...

In particular, Samsung Knox includes a Root of Trust, which dictates what tasks a device can execute with confidence. Some of the functions of a Root of Trust are detecting rootkits and recognizing unauthorized changes to a smartphone's system or program. This especially speaks to the Verizon and AT&T models of the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ as Verizon and AT&T are especially adverse to customization of their devices."

I think this means that I am never going to be able to recover my 2000 Cambodia pictures from my Galaxy S6. There is no way to inspect the file system and see deleted files without rooting, and Samsung has robustly eliminated the ability to root. Beware all of you who take pictures solely thru your smartphone... One day you will be sorry.

If you lose the file pointers to your pictures before you can get back to your hotel room to sync, you will be screwed. Maybe it's only one days worth but those could be priceless pictures.

When I posted my tale of woe to Facebook, many replied saying they had experienced the same thing, losing all their pictures. So I know I'm not the only one.  Very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment