Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Linkedin app is an evil battery killer

It's gotten to where I dont want to download any more apps. They all seem to be location reporting, battery sucking apps. I'm looking at you, Facebook app. And Linkedin as well.

Downloaded it yesterday and un installed it this morning. See how the idle periods in the battery graph (when the screen is off) still show lots of Awake time? I uninstalled the Linkedin app about halfway thru the graph, when I saw that my battery was at 65% at 10 in the morning!

You can see the Screen Off times now show no Awake time and the battery life stays almost flat (as one would expect when the display is off).

I just look at everything thru the web now. Forget apps. Facebook, Linkedin, most mobile websites look the same online as they do in the app. Now if Dolphin could could just release ONE version that didn't crash all the time. Just one! I'm begging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment