Thursday, September 22, 2011

She’ll Stick to Apotheker’s HP Strategies

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2011-09-22/hewlett-packard-says-meg-whitman-will-succeed-apotheker-as-chief-executive.html

"Whitman defended her record at the helm of EBay.

"I have run a large company -- not obviously as large as HP, but I have run a very large company," she said. "While I don't have years of experience in an enterprise business, I bought a lot of software. I was one of the largest enterprise customers in Silicon Valley."

"That's like saying, 'I've bought an iPhone, so I can run Apple Inc. (AAPL)" said Whitmore at Deutsche Bank."
.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know much about Meg, but I think Whitmore's statement is pretty asinine. eBay was (and is) big enough that HP doesn't sell anything that scales to their application.

    ReplyDelete