Saturday, August 21, 2010

PCWorld: How To Use Facebook Places

http://www.pcworld.com/article/203819/how_to_use_facebook_places.html

I think it's more fun to use Foursquare myself. I don't see why social media has to boil down to just one application. I mean, I already don't trust Facebook, why should I trust them with my places?


"This can be rather tricky for users concerned about privacy--while researching this piece, I checked several of my PCWorld colleagues into local bars at about 11am on a workday--so if you want to use Facebook Places without letting your friends check you in, you can disable it by turning off Friends Can Check Me Into Places in the privacy settings (click the link for detailed instructions). Once this is disabled, your friends can still try to add you at check-in time, but it won't display on the actual check-in."

No comments:

Post a Comment