Wednesday, March 03, 2010

think-your-recalled-toyota-is-fixed-well-maybe-not

http://consumerist.com/2010/03/think-your-recalled-toyota-is-fixed-well-maybe-not.html

"On 2/12/10 my 2010 Toyota Camry received an acceleration fix. In addition I was informed a fail-safe computer program was put in. On 2/17/10 as I was entering my parking slot, the car did an unintended sudden acceleration without my foot being on the accelerator. I was pressing the brake. I jammed both feet into the brake. After 3 seconds, as my car was climbing up a snow bank, it stopped. The engine was idling while my gear shift was in drive. This is the second level on the fail-safe system. This means that: "If both accelerator position sensors fail, or if one throttle position sensor fails, the ECM will...return the engine to idle speed." Had the incident happened one minute earlier, I would have been in a high car/pedestrian area and would not have been able to avoid an accident. The whole event took 5-6 seconds before the car suddenly stopped. The fix done by Toyota is not the fix for the acceleration problem."'

Complaints like these lend credence to reports claiming there might be more to the sudden acceleration issue than bad floor mats and "sticky" gas pedals."

No comments:

Post a Comment